Millions of people are trying to get out of the web of alcoholism to defeat it. After all, this disease is serious and terrible. It takes away health, leads to degradation and destroys the family.
How to stop drinking alcohol on your own? Is this possible or does it require serious help to get rid of the bad habit?
The Face of the Green Serpent
The daily habit of having a glass of humor after a hard day to get rid of fatigue stabilizes and turns into a destructive passion. A person stops coping with himself: he supposedly does not want to drink, but drinks out of confidence. Alcohol gradually acquires the status of the main product in the human body, it becomes an important distributor of energy. And at this stage it is very difficult to stop drinking alone. It can be cured if a number of conditions are met.
- Alcohol addiction appears (it is easier to get rid of it early).
- It develops mainly in the structures of the brainstem and acts on the entire NS, the treatment affects the organs and systems.
- Disease takes over metabolic processes.
- The liver begins to produce an excessive amount of enzymes that break down alcohol.
This is important to know!If the liver is normal, it itself is capable of producing internal alcohol. It is he who acts on the receptors that synthesize mood hormones. With constant bingeing, the internal alcohol is not produced in sufficient quantities, and then this process completely fades away.
This is where complete dependency on a glass arises, and it becomes difficult to stop drinking on your own, as an attempt to immerse yourself in a sober life and get rid of binges instantly leads to boredom. Depression occurs and the patient looks at the glass again. If the enzymes for the breakdown of alcohol by the body are not produced and do not come from outside, a call is sent to the brain that it is necessary to drink! Therefore, a man cannot stop drinking only for purely physiological reasons.
Social promiscuity or illness?
At a certain point, a person begins to lose the ability to adapt socially.
Most people see licentious behavior in alcoholism. Not well. The nature of alcoholism is a real disaster, which is difficult to get rid of and stop drinking on your own. What are the symptoms of alcoholism? For alcoholism, as for a chronic disease, the phases of exacerbations are characteristic, which are replaced by remission. The criteria for the dependency formed:
- Pathological alcohol cravings.
- The urge to drink extra alcohol (get drunk).
- The belief that you must have a drink in the morning to feel good, and get rid of this thought is difficult.
Alcoholics eat little and on days when they drink they refuse to eat. They have enough energy from alcohol. However, the body is poor in terms of protein and fat, trace elements and vitamins. This provokes violations of almost all systems and organs, which are very difficult to cure, therefore it is difficult to help yourself on your own.
Therapeutic dose and when does withdrawal occur?
Sometimes, doctors consider drunkenness to be vital. The lack of other means to alleviate metabolic disorders, get rid of toxins, makes you use a little alcohol. Otherwise, the person may be on the edge of the abyss.
The most common disease of alcoholics, cirrhosis of the liver, can be fatal.
In the late stage of alcoholism, liver functions are disrupted, cirrhosis develops, and the pancreas and heart muscle also suffer. It is impossible to cure them and restore their functions. Severe intoxication leads to mental disorders (delirium tremens, misperception, and hallucinations). Quitting drinking on your own is out of the question.
By constantly receiving large amounts of ethanol from outside, the body is forced to independently rebuild metabolism into alcohol. As soon as the alcohol stops flowing and the person stops drinking, the metabolism begins to normalize. This happens slowly, little by little, but it is extremely painful. The physical and mental suffering is pronounced. Few people suffer from such a condition. To get rid of the agony, it is much easier for the alcoholic to pour another dose.
The mechanism of alcohol addiction is similar to drug addiction. The thirst for intoxication generates cravings for tomorrow's dose, and when it is canceled, an unpleasant state begins: withdrawal. It is possible to cure this with an independent desire to stop drinking.
How to overcome addiction?
In the following stages, any treatment is built. These are prerequisites for a successful healing process to get rid of alcoholism.
It is very important that family and friends support the alcoholic in his quest to stop drinking.
There are reliable and proven ways to stop drinking:
- The alcoholic must admit the problem on his own.
- An addicted person should want to get rid of the harmful use of alcohol.
- The union of the patient and his family is very important.
Now you can cure the disease and stop drinking with the help of medicines. There are many specialized pharmaceuticals: receptor blockers. A person after taking them drinks alcohol, but the state of joy and happiness does not come. You get sick, so the meaning of drinking is lost. To defeat the green snake, you need to fight not only on your own, treatment also includes antidepressants and tranquilizers, and in case of an acute manifestation of aggressiveness, antipsychotics are also indicated. A serious disadvantage of drug therapy is the symptomatic effect of the drugs and the negative side effects of their use.
There are also different types of coding to get rid of alcohol addiction. This protection against alcoholism is created artificially, that is, the body's processes are invaded from the outside.
I handled the problem myself!
It is very important to normalize your diet and completely change your lifestyle. It is necessary to include exercise and walking in the daily routine.
This thesis is often discussed by narcologists. And the answer is unequivocal: an alcoholic can get rid of the problem by himself and stop drinking. Don't let readers get the false impression that drunkenness is easy to shed.
Self-treatment is associated with a painful and expressive physical condition (high blood pressure, pain in the heart and stomach). Depression can bother you. Therefore, not everyone can stop drinking alcohol on their own.
Remember!A sober life means a total rejection of any alcohol, and non-alcoholic too. Its smell and taste, the sight of the bottle excites, a person may even feel a slight imaginary intoxication, and this brings collapse closer and it becomes more difficult to cure the ailment. It should be noted that self-treatment does not go against medication. On the contrary, it is necessary when contacting a narcologist.
There is practical advice from real people, and the basis is to see and understand the real enemy. Hate it and love yourself. Make a mental picture of your actual accomplishments before illness.
How to stop drinking and earn on your own:
- It is important to cleanse the blood and the entire body of "green" toxins (ethanol and its metabolites) at home. The body, of course, will eliminate them independently, but this will take a long time. Help him recover, there are many ways. It is good to use oatmeal broth (3-5 glasses). Before that, do at least 2 enemas per day.
- Mercilessly destroy physical reminders and alcohol decorations (glasses, cans, empty bottles, beer and wine cases). Thoroughly rinse all household utensils that contain bleach preparations. It is not difficult to do this at home.
- Cutting off any relationships with drinking buddies is a way to stop drinking on your own.
- Do not inhale alcohol, do not smoke, weaken the treatment.
- Do not go to alcohol outlets.
- Strictly follow the laws of dietary nutrition, do not overload the liver and digestive tract.
- Find your favorite and interesting activity (sports, swimming, skiing and cycling).
- Find like-minded people! Alcoholics Anonymous can be used.
- Realize you need to tune in, be patient. Use constant self-hypnosis techniques at home. With all your might, cast off the temptations of alcohol.
When cravings return and overwhelm the patient:
- Breathing exercises help well (oxygen will enter the brain and lessen the severity of an attack of alcoholic desire).
- Fight the disease on a daily basis, don't miss any chance to cure yourself.
- You must instill that you have a powerful inner core, that it will hold back any attempts to drink, and that the treatment will be successful. This will help you stop drinking alcohol on your own!
Don't jump into a healthy life, but gradually, but steadily. Thus, the treatment will be more productive, and it will be possible to completely independently stop drinking at home. Frequent trips to the bathhouse with a steam room will not hurt. After bathing, it is good to have tea, better with honey!
Remember!It is better to stop drinking alone at home, the rest of the methods are auxiliary means.
Don't see that these rules are simple and available at home. You will have to sweat, but this treatment will certainly pay off in five to six months. Confidence will not come before a year! The craving for alcohol will disappear, giving up alcohol will become a reality.